Summer is finally here! That means it’s time for warmer weather, pool days, and just enjoying life! While all of us would like to find some time to travel as well, it’s not always a possibility due to money or not having the time. That’s why a staycation is a great idea for teens or your entire family. A staycation is a vacation where you stay in your hometown or just travel to neighboring towns within driving distance. You can rent an Airbnb, stay with a friend, or treat yourself to a hotel for the night. Here are some great ideas to relax and have fun while still being close to home!
- It’s always a good idea to disconnect from technology for a bit and enjoy the fresh air! Find a local park or beach to visit. Chances are, there are some great outdoor areas you’re missing out on exploring that are right in your neck of the woods.. Give yourself a chance to decompress and not worry about what’s happening on social media. Leave your phone at home for at least an afternoon if you can. Bring a regular camera with you(not your phone) and take pictures of your adventure!
- Be a tourist in your town or neighboring town for the day! There are probably some attractions locally that you haven’t visited yet. Open up your web browser, and head to the website that every state usually has that lists all of the free events happening that weekend in the state. Have fun with it and pretend that you’re not from the area! Make sure to take lots of pictures and maybe even buy some souvenirs. Try that restaurant you’ve never been to. Just make a full day of making new memories!
- Enjoy a spa day! Find a great spa or salon in your area and let yourself be pampered. Whether you just get a manicure/pedicure or go all out with a massage too, we all deserve a spa day. If you can’t afford to go to the spa, you can always create a spa day at home with your friends! Wear fluffy bathrobes, do each other’s nails, put on face masks, and pamper yourselves.
- Take a new exercise class! Most of us have a type of exercise or sport that we enjoy doing, but get out of your comfort zone and try something new! You might wind up finding your new favorite activity. Check out gyms in the area and see if there is anywhere that offers a drop-in class that you can take. Most gyms offer a trial period where you can try out the gym without paying. There are so many options with spin classes, zumba, barre, yoga, and more! It’s a great way to have fun and stay healthy too.
- Have a movie marathon with friends. There are always days that are going to be not nice outside so make the most of a day inside. Have everyone bring their favorite movies and settle in on the couch. Make ice cream sundaes or grab your favorite concession stand snacks! Pick a specific genre to watch or maybe just watch some summer blockbusters of years past. Getting comfortable in pajamas or your favorite sweatpants is the best way to enjoy your marathon!
This summer, I’ll be trying out some new classes and bringing my friends over for girly spa days. It’s the perfect way to bond without spending too much money!