COVER PHOTO CREDIT: CHELSEA KYLE VIA EPICURIOUS
This recipe will change your life! Source: Paleo Grubs
For the dough
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted, available here
1 tbsp raw honey, available here
1 tsp pure vanilla extract, available here
1 1/2 cups almond flour, available here
1 tbsp coconut flour, available here
1 tsp pure baking soda, available here
Pinch of organic sea salt, available here
For the filling
1 tbsp organic cinnamon, available here
Honey, for drizzling
1/4 cup pitted organic Medjool dates, finely chopped, available here
1/4 cup organic walnuts, finely chopped, available here
For the glaze
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp coconut cream, available here
Pinch of cinnamon
- Whisk together the coconut oil, egg, honey, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Transfer the dough onto a sheet of wax paper. Cover with another sheet of wax paper and roll out into a long rectangle. Remove the top sheet of wax paper. Drizzle the dough with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon. Top with the chopped walnuts and dates.
- Use the wax paper to roll the dough into a log. Place the log in the freezer to harden for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Slice the log into individual pieces, about 9 or 10 rolls. Place onto a baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze by stirring together the honey, coconut cream, and cinnamon. Once the rolls are golden, remove from the oven and drizzle with glaze. Serve warm.
- Servings: 9-10 small rolls