It’s Earth Day! I wanted to highlight some of my favorite sustainable brands (brands that I love and use on the daily) below, along with give you some new tips to help save the planet!
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle. Cut down on what you throw away!
- Volunteer. Volunteer for cleanups in your community or like what I do at my local soup ktichen.
- Conserve water. That shower doesn’t need to be on 20 minutes before you enter it, right!?
- Choose sustainable clothing and straws, like the below.
- Shop wisely: not buying in bulk!
- Use long-lasting light bulbs. Though they are a bit more expensive, you do your part by limiting the amount of electricity you use.
- Plant a tree.
I HATE paper straws. Don’t you? They melt in my mouth, and not in the good way like milk chocolate does. When I came across Worthy Picks, I became hooked on sustainable straws and silverware. I’ve been using the kit above, along with bamboo toothbrushes from the brand for the past few weeks, and I’m hooked. I leave this set in my car above because I’m always eating on the go, and this mini set is sooo cute! I’m giving away one of these sets on Instagram today. If you want to purchase one, the brand is donating 30% of all profit sales to this company to help keep our oceans clean in honor of Earth Day. Use code ALEXAEARTHDAY to get a special discount if you purchase anything.
Sustainable swimwear like Hulya is the best, and the founders give back to the ocean all day everyday. Peek Beauty is my go-to sustainable beauty brand, and their palettes are fabulous. Both of these brands made me realize how simple being kind to the planet is.
Shop from the above brands or find your own sustainable go-to. Whatever you choose, be kind to yourself and to the planet.